So much of what you’ve been hearing from us over the past few months has been related to our current Brick Campaign, which is an effort to raise money to secure *cino’s ownership of the Huss property and begin infrastructure improvements so we can host fun, creative programming year round. We still need all the help we can get, but we are well on our way to meeting our goals!
But we certainly haven’t limited our efforts to raising money. In fact, we’re very excited about all of the glorious activities planned for this summer. You’ll be hearing more about these along the way, but for now, here’s an overview:
- Family Fun Nights! We’ll host games, snacks and crafts on Tuesday evenings 6-8 p.m. beginning on June 18 and running through August 6. All are welcome!
- Free lunches for kids! Through a partnership with Three Rivers Community Schools, sack lunches will be provided for all school age kids Monday through Thursday, June 17-August 8 (except for the week of July 4). Lunches will be distributed from noon-12:15 each day and must be consumed on the property (according to the terms of the grant that’s paying for the lunches), so come have a picnic with us!
- Huss Future Festival! Our fourth annual event on July 20 will feature live music, food, art, games, sales–all kinds of wild, creative goodness! Mark your calendar and plan to join us for this spectacular extravaganza. The committee for this event is currently being formed, so please get in touch if you’d like to help.
- Triple Ripple Community Gardens! The garden at the Huss Project is into its fourth growing season already. Volunteers of all skill levels are welcome to help grow organic produce for local families in need of fresh, healthy food. Fill out a citizen interest form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
- Summer Studios! We have at least one artist working at the Huss Project for the summer so far and plans for another amazing series of installation exhibits as part of our whimsical, evolving gallery. Contact us if you’d like to be involved!
Please accept our invitation to join us for any and all of these wonderful activities. We look forward to another summer chock full o’ play, art, laughter, creativity and connection!