A *culture is not optional project
Future Festival 2014: How you can help!
Something peculiar is going on at the old Huss School property: the hallways are clean, signs are being painted, musicians are being booked, and rummage donations are rolling in at all hours of the night and day. A work group from Ontario recently helped clear out garbage, organize rooms, weed the garden — only taking breaks to play soccer in the back field. What in the world could cause such commotion? Well, Huss Future Festival 2014, of course!
That’s right, our yearly celebration of imagination, food, and play; the annual “what-is-Huss-and-what-can-it-be” demonstration is once against coming to rock the waves of Three Rivers. So what can you expect from this year’s Huss Future Festival? There are a lot of old favorites, including:
- Community rummage sale
- Farmers Market
- Coffeehouse and Bake Sale
- Local food vendors
- Art installation
- Art vendors
- Coin Carnival (returning from last year’s introduction!)
- Live music … AND …
- A new team-up with Three River Area Faith Community’s (TRAFC) Back to School Celebration for free backpack distribution!
How is this all possible? Well through a lot of sweat, e-mails, and the help of many community volunteers just as yourself. There’s a lot to be done to pull off a day like Huss Future Festival and we need your hands to make it happen! Some of the many ways you can help out are by:
- Donating baked goods or other approved foods to the bake sale/ coffeehouse booth.
- Donating extra garden produce to the Farmers Market or helping us prepare the Triple Ripple Community Garden to be Future Fest-ready.
- Donating gently-used items to the rummage sale.
- Reserving a vendor space for handmade art ($10 for a table for the whole day).
- Creating a piece for the art installation exhibit.
- Volunteering on an open work day (Friday, July 11, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm and Saturday, July 12, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm).
- Volunteering on the day of the event.
- Attending the day of and bringing friends!
- If you can’t come to Future Fest 2014 but still want to help? Make a donation!
If you love Future Festival and want to see this year be as much of a blast as before, let us know how you’d be willing to help by sending us an email or calling Julie Keefer at 269-823-3038.