A *culture is not optional project
Volunteers! We request the honor of your PRESENCE
The Huss Project is all about a big IDEA: imagination! We seek to grow our community’s ability to dream big! But just as important, the Huss Project is a PLACE and we need your presence this summer as a volunteer partner in this good work.
Our big projects this summer include the Huss Project Farm, the summer lunch program, and Huss Future Festival on July 21. There are so many great opportunities to contribute—how will you choose?
- Do you love digging your hands in the dirt or are you passionate about making sure all people have access to healthy food? Consider helping with the garden!
- Do you love working with kids or being creative? Consider helping out once a week with summer lunches or taking on a fun role with Huss Future Fest, like working in the art tent.
- Do you love organizing stuff or stepping back after a job-well-done to take in results you can see? Consider helping with the rummage sale or community work days leading up to Huss Future Fest.
What we’re saying is: there’s something for everyone! More details are below, and please do get in touch if you can help and we’ll connect you to the right person.
General volunteer opportunities:
- Huss Project Farm planting, weeding & harvesting (Wednesdays 4-6 p.m. or other times by arrangement)
- Summer lunch hosting for neighborhood kids (weekdays 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., flexible weekly shifts)
Huss Future Festival volunteer opportunities:
- Community work days to prepare for the big event (SATURDAYS from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on June 30, July 7 and July 14 and WEDNESDAYS from 4-6 p.m. on June 27, July 11, and July 18)
- Rummage donation drop-off and sorting (Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., with additional drop-off times by appointment)
- Bake sale donations (drop-off at the Huss Project on July 20)
- Day-of volunteering on July 21, with a wide variety of opportunities