(Ominous music) Dum… Duh duh dum… Duh duh dum… The anticipation rises as July 19 and the 2014 Huss Future Festival inch closer. After a week of hard work with our new friends from Palmerston, we are now putting the final touches on Huss in preparation for a day of art, food and play. Whether this will be your first Future Fest experience or you are a Huss Project veteran, here are some things you can expect on July 19:
- Coin Carnival: Businesses, non-profits and other organizations in and around Three Rivers will have booths with information as well as games and prizes for everyone. But fear not, if you are fresh out of coins, everything is free!
- Back to School Celebration: This year the Three Rivers Area Faith Community is partnering with the Huss Project to include the annual Back to School Celebration with a backpack distribution at this year’s Future Festival. If you have a child who goes to school in St. Joseph County and would like a new backpack with supplies for the coming school year, be sure to come on by!
- Arts and Crafts: Not only will there be art from local venders to peruse and purchase, children and adults will be able to make their own art! Workshops for creative craft making from recycled materials will be held every hour. New additions to the festival this year will include a Carpentry Workstation — for the woodworker in all of us — and Balloon-Dart Painting. Bullseye!
- Face Painting: Fill your Huss Future Fest 2014 passport to get your face painted by one of our talented local artists!
- Photo Booth: 1 … 2 … 3 … CLICK! Be sure to have your photo taken in front of one our otherworldly backdrops. Then look for your picture on the Huss Project website after Future Fest!
So we hope to see you on July 19 at the annual Huss Future Festival where there will be no shortage of fabulous food, creative art and joyous play for all to share. Thank you to all who have helped and are helping support this day of celebration with your time, energy and donations.